HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
This Healthy and Safety Policy is focused on those processes where the staff of CANOPY ARBORISTS maybe exposed to hazards.
CANOPY ARBORISTS are committed to maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for the safety and health of our employees and other persons in the workplace.
Health and safety is everyone’s business, and everyone is expected to share in our commitment to avoid all accidents and incidents, which may cause personal injury, property damage or loss of any kind.
Every employee is expected to act safely at all times to ensure their own welfare and that of their fellow employees and others in the workplace.
WE WILL ENSURE THE SAFETY OF EMPLOYEES BY:
- Providing and maintaining a safe working environment
- Providing facilities for health and safety
- Ensuring all plant and equipment is safe
- Ensuring all employees (including any mobile workers), and other people at (or in the vicinity) of the place of work are not exposed to unmanaged or uncontrolled hazards.
- Developing and implementing emergency and evacuation procedures
TO ACHIEVE THIS WE WILL:
- Systematically identify and control all hazards in our workplace. Where there are significant hazards we will take all practical steps to eliminate, isolate and or minimise these hazards to prevent any injury or damage.
- Inform all employees of these hazards and the hazard controls.
- Ensure all employees are properly trained and supervised.
- Inform all employees of emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Record all incidents and accidents in our workplace, and take all practicable steps to prevent these events from happening.
- Carry out planned self-inspections to monitor health and safety issues.
- Ensure all employees are give reasonable opportunities to participate effectively in ongoing processes for the improvement of health and safety in our workplace.